- Design Brief:
- Create a repeat pattern in Illustrator using swatches
"Summer Daisys" Photo by Colter Olmstead on Unsplash
"Field of Flowers" Photo by Mitch Lensink on Unsplash
"Leggings Mockup" By WebAndCat on creativemarket.com
- Creating your own design and adding it to your swatch panel.
- Resizing your design from the swatches panel.
- Creating a 3D render of your print on a pair of leggings.
- Design Constraints:
- Create your simple design first, try using the Blob brush.
- Design Goals:
- Create a repeat pattern to use on a 3D Mock-Up.
- Tools & Techniques:
- Illustrator Blob BrushKeyboard incrementsAdobe IllustratorClipping MaskSwatch PanelPhotoshop Place LinkedMockupsAdobe Photoshop
- Total Time Allowed:
- 30 minutes for research. After that, allow 30 minutes for drawing with blob brush, 60 minutes for creating a repeat pattern and another 30 placing your design on a 3D Mock-Up using an already purchased render.
DEXDesign Exercises Weekly
Weekly Design Exercise abbrev. DEX
noun: weekly design exercise; plural noun: weekly design exercises
1.Activity requiring physical effort occurring once a week, carried out to sustain or improve health and fitness of your freakin’ mind.
E.”Weekly Design Exercise improves your Adobe skills and design power"
Feel free to jump into our weekly design brief and produce a mini design project. They are completely free. No catch! These exercises are The Graphic Design School’s contribution to the continuum of the design education of our design graduates, students and the design world at large. Gosh darn that’s nice of us!
Who is this for?
Whether you are a Beginner, Intermediate or Advanced level designer. There is a brief to suit you. Follow the instructions in the brief to the letter.
How do I submit my work?
Once your done upload your image to share. We may upload your image to our new Instagram page, be sure to include your Insta handle (@username) so we can credit you. If you don’t have an Instagram account, you can just type in your name. Leave your details blank if you like.
What is a good size for the images?
Please make sure your image is of good resolution, it shouldn’t exceed more than 5mb or thereabouts. png, jpeg, svg all acceptable formats. By uploading your image you are giving us permission to publish it.
Can I subscribe to this awesome concept?
If you would like to receive an email from us each week with the brief and video. Be sure to subscribe at the top right of this page. We won’t share your information or be spammy.
What if I want to go further?
If you love what we do, and think you would like to try your hand at becoming a designer. Check out our courses here.
Can I contribute?
If you would like to become a regular video contributor, let us know. Even though we offer them for free, we pay contributors. Or if there is a technique that you would really like to learn, email us a visual, and any ideas you may have.
Can I contact The Graphic Design School?
Anything else you need or want to ask contact us at: email@example.com
Can I be a voice of TGDS?
If you want to spread the good word to your design friends feel free to share this page on social media ;)