- Design Brief:
- As a designer it's important we harness social media as one platform to showcase our work and the work of our clients. Use your iPhone and capture a beautifully styled vignette in a pastel tone to fit into a similar branding system. Edit your image and take it all the way to your own social channel.
"Snapseed by Google"Download Snapseed from the App Store
"Find Suzaane's designs on instagram"@myfabulousdesign
"Check out Cynthia's work on instagram"@cynthialions
"See more of Nora's work on instagram"@nrahmichelle
"More of Melanie's work is on her instagram"@overglowedit
- Using props from around your house, style and shoot an image. Try using a light coloured background. Edit this and export, saving this for your social channel.
- Style a shot using props. Try styling with a light or white background. Choosing 3 of your favourite shots, edit these and export them for your social channels.
- Try styling 3 different scenes using a similar story throughout. Use a white or light coloured background. Edit each of these images and export them ready to upload onto your social channels.
- Design Constraints:
- Use both the camera and an editing application that are on your phone. Don't bring it into Photoshop or Lightroom to edit.
- Design Goals:
- Style, edit and shoot an image for social media.
- Tools & Techniques:
- PhotographySocial MediaApp EditingStylinginstagram
- Total Time Allowed:
- 30 minutes for research to see how the mockup is constructed and also, to gather your imagery. 60 Minutes for Beginner and Intermediate. 80 Minutes for Advanced.
DEXDesign Exercises Weekly
Weekly Design Exercise abbrev. DEX
noun: weekly design exercise; plural noun: weekly design exercises
1.Activity requiring physical effort occurring once a week, carried out to sustain or improve health and fitness of your freakin’ mind.
E.”Weekly Design Exercise improves your Adobe skills and design power"
Feel free to jump into our weekly design brief and produce a mini design project. They are completely free. No catch! These exercises are The Graphic Design School’s contribution to the continuum of the design education of our design graduates, students and the design world at large. Gosh darn that’s nice of us!
Who is this for?
Whether you are a Beginner, Intermediate or Advanced level designer. There is a brief to suit you. Follow the instructions in the brief to the letter.
How do I submit my work?
Once your done upload your image to share. We may upload your image to our new Instagram page, be sure to include your Insta handle (@username) so we can credit you. If you don’t have an Instagram account, you can just type in your name. Leave your details blank if you like.
What is a good size for the images?
Please make sure your image is of good resolution, it shouldn’t exceed more than 5mb or thereabouts. png, jpeg, svg all acceptable formats. By uploading your image you are giving us permission to publish it.
Can I subscribe to this awesome concept?
If you would like to receive an email from us each week with the brief and video. Be sure to subscribe at the top right of this page. We won’t share your information or be spammy.
What if I want to go further?
If you love what we do, and think you would like to try your hand at becoming a designer. Check out our courses here.
Can I contribute?
If you would like to become a regular video contributor, let us know. Even though we offer them for free, we pay contributors. Or if there is a technique that you would really like to learn, email us a visual, and any ideas you may have.
Can I contact The Graphic Design School?
Anything else you need or want to ask contact us at: email@example.com
Can I be a voice of TGDS?
If you want to spread the good word to your design friends feel free to share this page on social media ;)